January 6, 2013

MY BASIC MANICURE. BE HAPPY DAY 3


What I use// 1. Remove previous nail polish// 2. File your nails// 3. Use oil for your cuticles// 4. Push your cuticles// 5. Use o treatment for nails and cuticles// Final result 

 Having a nice manicure is probably one of the most important things for me. So I thought I would show you what I do when I want a simple manicure, and how I do it. First off I will explain the photos and after that I will write some additional info. Hope you will like it. Let's get to it!
For this manicure I use: nail polish remover, a cotton pad, oil and a special stick for my cuticles, nail file and a treatment for nails and cuticles.
1) Start by removing any nail polish from your nails. Even if you don't have nail polish on your nails, clean your nails with a nail polish remover. Make sure it's acetone-free. Better for your nails, cuticles and the skin around your nails.
2) File your nails. Start from the center of the nail and file towards the corners. Don't file from one corner to another because it wrecks your nails. And make sure you use a good nail file. Trust me when I say that a damaged nail file means damaged nails.
3) Use an oil for a cuticles. Massage it gently in your cuticles.
4) Push the cuticles with a special stick. You can find these very cheap at drugstores.I paid less than $1 for a set of 10. Try to avoid the metal tools that come with manicure sets.
5) Clean your nails with a napkin to remove the excess oil. After that use a treatment for your nails and cuticles. This can come in different forms. For now I'm testing the castor oil. Apply it onto your nails and cuticles with a brush (or your finger), rub it and leave it for about 5 minutes. After that wipe it off with a tissue.
6) You are done!

Of course that you can leave them like that or you can apply a transparent nail varnish. There are some that are treatments too. Or you can use a color of your choice. It's up to you.
My notes would be these:

  • If your cuticles are a little bit thicker soak your fingers in warm water for about 10 minutes. Add a little bit of soap or shower gel. But make sure it's a hydrating one.Do this after you removed your nail polish and before you start pushing your cuticles. I don't recommend cutting them. There are various reasons. The most important is that you can end up with an infected nail. So pass!
  • You can use whatever cuticle treatment you like. There are balms, creams, oils. It doesn't matter as long as it gets the job done. If you don't have anything like that around the house, just rub some body butter onto your nails. Olive oil is just as good.
  • The treatment I use is castor oil. It's cheap and it's great for nails, hair, eyebrows (for those with thin eyebrows) and for your eyelashes.You can use whatever you prefer. This is my method.
  • Don't forget about hand cream. It's important if you want delicate hands and healthy skin and nails.
What is your manicure routine? I would love to read your comments and maybe learn something new.
Also, would you like to read more of this sort of posts?

Love,Andreea!

20 comments:

  1. cool article! will share this with my friends!

    Started following your fabulous blog! Hope you visit mine and follow back too... :)

    http://locloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, I really need to look after my nails more! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I think that our nails are sometimes the most neglected. It's such a shame because they can make such a difference.
      Kisses

      Delete
  3. Lovely post! This is great for me because I don't really like wearing nail polish because of the chip factor, then it just looks messy so I'd rather go bare with my nails. Hope you're having a lovely weekend! Blog hopping! You're blog design is so cute btw, did you do it yourself?
    mydearest-friend.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, that's my philosophy too sometimes: a bare nail is better than one with a chipped polish. Wishing you a nice week! Thank you for the compliment. Yes, I did the blog design. Is not much but I like it simple like that.
      Kisses

      Delete
  4. I have not painted my nails in sooooo long, it's really sad lol! I need to take better care of my hands considering how much I need them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get tired of my nail polishes so fast. I usually paint my nails according to what I'm going to wear the next day. But since it has been the winter holiday, I went for bare nails for a change.
      Kisses

      Delete
  5. absolutely great post :) <3

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Hope you find it helpful!
      Kisses!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful pictures showing how to do an at home manicure:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you like it.
      Kisses

      Delete
  7. Hahaha, my fiance feels kind of the same way about the Lord Of The Rings. He likes them, but doesn't understand the hype. If you do decide to read them, read The Hobbit first. It's not as slow as the first in the trilogy and you'll enjoy it more. :) Thanks for stopping by!

    Margeaux
    margeauxknight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sad to say that the next month will be filled with exams so all my readings are going to be computer related. But after my exams I plan on beginning to read as many books as possible.
      Kisses

      Delete
  8. Hi! This is a great post - very detailed and helpful and has lovely photos too :)
    Thanks so much for visiting my blog - the Olsen twins certainly were amazing when they were younger. Here's to ice-cream always making things better :) x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you find it useful. And you're welcome. Your blog is lovely and yes, ice-cream can sometimes be the best medicine for the soul.
      Kisses

      Delete
  9. This is SUCH a helpful post, I'm bookmarking for future reference. Taking better care of my nails should be added to my (kind of becoming lengthy) list of resolutions.

    Lovely blog!

    Love,
    Dara | www.lovedarbie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It gives me such joy knowing that people find my post helpful. I never thought it would be such a success.

      And thank you for your lovely comment. I'll visit your blog after I finish replying to the new comments.

      Hugs and kisses
      Love, Andreea!

      Delete
  10. Can I have your cuticles? No matter how much TLC I give mine they always look ragged...trim, clip, oil, push, magic spells...nothing works. To be fair, I am hard on my hands. Even heavy duty chip-proof polish is no match for me. Is it weird to be jealous of cuticles? *shrugs*

    So glad I followed your link on the blog hop. I'll be following you so I can stalk your nails and satisfy my cuticle envy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, this comment make my day. Really! It's so cute. Well jealousy is such a strong word. So we'll just say that you would like if your cuticles would respond to your treatments.
      It got me thinking about doing a post about how I take care of my cuticles. Hope you will like it.

      Thank you for your kind comment!

      Hugs and kisses,
      Love, Andreea!

      Delete