January 11, 2013

PROCRASTINATION FILES. BE HAPPY DAY 4

Feels like forever since my last post. But I'm glad to see the success it had. It got me thinking about something. We'll get to that later.
The past few days were like a "mixed feelings fest". I had my share of laughter and my share of pure sadness and frustration. The worst thing that happened to me was the fact that I caught a virus on my laptop. With all my computer knowledge and my anti-virus program I couldn't to anything.
The worst part is that I didn't have backup for anything. I keep saying to put everything important on a site such as dropbox. But do I actually do it? Of course not. So you can figure that I lost everything. Photos, projects, movies... everything was gone in matters of seconds. I know that it may sound stupid. And I know that. After all there are people dealing with health issues, hunger etc and I'm upset over a laptop. But because, thank God, I'm not experiencing problems of that I consider this to be a huge problem for me. I was so upset and angry that I tried to hold my tears. Because of all the photos I have lost. Memories that I had and were documented were gone just like that. Photos from this Christmas, new year, random moments, birthday from when I was 18, 19, 20. I still regret them. And that gives me another reason why I sometimes hate digital cameras. When you use a film you have to print your photos. You have no choice. But with digital ones you just download them into your computer and brows through them whenever you happen to remember you have them.
But the best thing this week was that I got an A without having to take an actual exam. You just had to go to every class and do two presentations in front of the class. Whoever did that got an A.And I did. So I'm happy about that. Now I have 4 exams left. Yey for me!*smile*
The success of my basic manicure got me thinking. I will write two separate post about how to take care of your nails and how to take care of your cuticles. I will write about everything I do.The vitamins I take, what I eat, what products I have for them. I hope you are looking forward to this. I know I am. I will write them tomorrow morning.Also I will move on to a new chapter in the CONFIDENCE files. So keep an eye for that.
For tonight I will drink some hot chocolate, snuggle between a warm blanket with my teddy and watch Hotel Transylvania.

Love, Andreea!

6 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you're going through as I only had a laptop 6 months before I experienced such problems that after a year I just gave up on the laptop as the problems were getting worse. For the one I never once thought to back everything up, you just assume that it will be there always, no problem etc... With this one I've only had one problem after 2 years of my laptop but thankfully I have everything backed but all my things were there once the problem was sorted. Technology is great but so temperamental.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's the main problem! We just think that our computer is safe no matter what and that we will never have to deal with problems regarding our computer.And laptops are so temperamental. It's crazy. But I've started to back-up all my data and I think I will write a post about this kind of stuff.
      Thank you for your comment!
      Hugs and kisses
      Love, Andreea

      Delete
  2. That's horrible!! I feel sad for you too :( I'm so sorry you lost all those photos and memories.

    Live and learn I guess. I'm going to take this as a lesson for myself and start backing up my stuff.

    Thanks for sharing, although it's a pretty horrible situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! As I've said the fact that I've lost so many memories worth of photos is the most important thing that made me sad. I still have the memories. It would have been nice if I had the photos also.
      And yes, that would be a wise thing to do. Back up everything that is important. You never know what it may happen to it tomorrow if you don't.
      Hugs and kisses!
      Love, Andreea

      Delete
  3. Awww man!!! That really stings… I hate that you lost those cherished photos. On the bright side of things CONGRATS on your A… I know that felt good :) Now following you from the blog hop

    xoxo
    Maya D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really does! And the worst thing is that this thing happened to me before. But the second time I learned so I'm hoping there will not be a third time any time soon.
      Thank you for your comment and for the visit!

      hugs and kisses

      Love, Andreea!

      Delete