January 5, 2013

CONFIDENCE #1. BE HAPPY DAY 2

For a long period of time I've struggled with confidence issues. I still am but it got better. I've come to accept many things about myself. So I thought I would make a series of posts about this. About how I've learned to not be so harsh on myself. At the end of every post I will write an advice. Hope you will like it.
Let's face it. There are a few girls who are happy about their body. If they are skinny they want a larger bust. If they have a large bust they want a smaller one. If they are not skinny they become depressed whenever they see girls such as the models from VS. I used to have moments when I would skip meals, exercise almost two hours and drink only water. I was feeling dizzy, as if I was about to pass out. And I continued like this until I was to weak to workout any longer. The worst part for me (as I thought at that time) was that I hadn't lost the weight that I thought I did. So I woke up and realized that I wasn't about to carry on like this for to much longer. That's when things started changing for me. I've come to understand that my diet wasn't the only thing that I had to change. My lifestyle was. My way of thinking. And my way of seeing myself. I've started reading on the internet about girls who messed up their health because of ridiculous diets and unsuitable workout programs. So my first advice in learning how to gain confidence is this: if you have a healthy body, learn to love it.
Based on today's post, let's talk about how you've struggled with learning how to love your body.
Love, Andreea!

14 comments:

  1. I've struggled with self confidence too :( This is a great idea though,doing posts about it. I find writing helps with these things.

    PS I must ask where you are from! I'm trying to figure out what language this is in when I hit the Follow button. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I guess writing is one of the best medicine out there. I'm from Romania. I forgot about the follow button but I will try and change it.
      Love, Andreea!

      Delete
    2. I thought it was Romanian! Very cool, I hope to visit there one day!

      Delete
    3. If you do so, I can answer your questions about places worth visiting. There are some nice places that I think will catch your eye.

      Delete
  2. This is so true, I've never dieted because I've always had poor health but I'd love to change my diet and in some ways I may have much better health also. Its just putting whats priority before social standards as we always feel people can see the flaws we can ourselves but in reality they don't always see them :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the most shocking thing for me was when I realized that girls are too mean about themselves. Boys don't worry about the things that seem the world to us when it comes to the way our body looks. We freak out when we gain a pound, the world ends when a zit pops up out of nowhere. I think that when it comes to prioritizing, girls should be the first to learn to do so.
      The year 2012 was a year full of bad health for me.Well not only for me, per se , but for me and those around me.My mom had surgery and it may have been the scarriest moment of my life. So we really should learn how to cherish our health. In the end, when all our youth is gone and we can no longer cover our imperfections with makeup, health is all we have left.
      Thank you for your comment!
      Kisses and hugs!
      Love, Andreea!

      Delete
  3. Wow I'm sorry to hear of what you went through though I'm glad you're no longer starving yourself.

    I'm fortunate that I never had any major body issues. But on the other hand, I am one of those women who never leaves the house without makeup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think that putting on makeup means you don't have confidence in yourself or something like that. It just means that you like to emphasize your beauty. As I always say, if something is meant to make you feel more beautiful, do it.
      I'm happy for you because you have a healthy body. Is one of the biggest gifts life can give us.
      Hugs and kisses!
      Love, Andreea!

      Delete
  4. I struggle with body image issues every single day. I'm a tad larger than I feel I should be, which makes it really difficult to see anything but that when I look in the mirror. I remember being thin though and wanting more curves to fill out my clothes. ARGH! Confidence is definitely something I hope to gain in 2013.
    Lovely post!
    Trish

    www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the thing about confidence when it comes to our body.Very few, and I mean very few girls have it. Mostly because beauty means different things to different people. Maybe if we would try and find the best version of ourselves and not the best version of someone else, we would be happier about ourselves.
      Hope all your 2013 wishes will come true.
      Thank you so much for your comment and for stopping my! Kisses and hugs!
      Love, Andreea!

      Delete
  5. I absolutely loved this post. Thank you for putting your heart on your sleeve for us all to read. :)

    Margeaux
    margeauxknight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment and for stopping by! I hope that these post will help girls as me learn that they are not alone and that everyone has confidence issues. The motive differs but the results are the same.
      Hugs and kisses!
      Love, Andreea!

      Delete
  6. very true. i used to do a lot of these things to myself, too. looking back, i realize a lot of it was also about punishing myself... for what? not being perfect? i'm not sure. it's really unfortunate how stuck people are on "perfection" in this culture, and what's worse, the ideal keeps changing. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sad that being perfect started to mean being on the verge of being skeleton-thin and putting on loads of makeup, hair extensions, false nails etc. For me being healthy is more important than wearing double 0 clothes.

      Delete